Every year on April 22, Earth Day is observed by more than a billion people as a day of action to change human behavior and create global, national and local policy changes. The first Earth Day was in 1970 and is recognized as the birth of the modern environmental movement.
Free shipping this Earth Day only.
To celebrate Earth Day we are offering our valued customers free shipping on all products site-wide with code “EARTHDAY23”. Every little helps and your first start to make a difference could be with a mineral sunscreen.
Mineral sunscreens have become increasingly popular because, simply put, they are the better choice for the environment. They employ natural ingredients to protect skin from sun damage, rather than chemicals that harm the ocean's coral reefs. Marine conservation is more important now than ever. The disappearance of coral reefs from our planet could lead to a domino effect of mass destruction. Many marine species will vanish after their only source of food disappears forever.
What we are doing.
Coral Sure Sunscreen tubes are made from all eco-friendly “green” bio-plastic which is 100% recyclable. This bio-plastic is created by farming sugarcane on sustainable land in Brazil, thousands of miles from the Amazon rainforest. The bio-plastic is then used instead of the fossil fuel sourced material to create flexible squeeze tubes while maintaining the performance characteristics of traditional polyethylene. The bio-plastic is also 100% recyclable, meaning the tubes and cap can be recycled and mixed into Post Consumer Regrind, just like any other polymer.
Recycling is only the second best solution. First, we need to cut down on our plastic consumption.
Our tubes are 100% recyclable. We know it's not a perfect solution, which is why we are always looking for enhanced biodegradable alternatives that are environmentally friendly but have the characteristics necessary to contain the sunscreen formula.
"But what did the oceans ever do for me?"
The world’s oceans provide so many benefits. Here are six things the ocean does for humans and the planet:
1. Climate regulation: Covering seven tenths of the Earth's surface, the ocean transports heat from the equator to the poles, regulating our climate and weather patterns.
2. Transportation: Seventy-six percent of all U.S. trade involves some form of marine transportation.
3. Recreation: From fishing to boating to kayaking and whale watching, the ocean provides us with many unique activities.
4. Economic benefits: The U.S. ocean economy produces $282 billion in goods and services and ocean-dependent businesses employ almost three million people.
5. Food: The ocean provides more than just seafood; ingredients from the sea are found in surprising foods such as peanut butter and soy milk.
6. Medicine: Many medicinal products come from the ocean, including ingredients that help fight cancer, arthritis, Alzheimer's disease, and heart disease.
Not just on Earth Day, every day.
We have to work together to protect and save the oceans for the sake of our future survival on this planet. Through our membership with One Percent for the Planet we've pledged to contribute a percentage of our annual sales to environmental causes.
A portion of our profits support Oceana. Oceana is the largest organization in the world solely devoted to marine conservation. Their vision is to make our oceans as rich, healthy and abundant as they once were, creating the ideal environment for marine eco-systems like the coral reefs to survive.
Do yourself and the planet a favor this Earth Day.
EPO9 was formed four years ago by a collection of surfers, scuba divers, snorkelers, swimmers and outdoor enthusiasts who worship the sun but really care about, and want to protect, the oceans and marine environment which brings us so much joy. Eponine Labs, LLC was incorporated in June 2022. Its mission is to manufacture a sunscreen that is truly non-toxic to the marine eco-system and will afford the user the highest standard of skin protection from the sun's harmful UV rays.
People chose Coral Sure Sunscreen for its broad spectrum protection and non-toxic, moisturizing properties. Learn more at www.epo9coralsure.com